Unlike tablet computers, and those “souped up” eReaders that feature color screens (and backlighting), the Amazon Kindle DX is still primarily focused on the one, most important reason that most people buy an eReader:
TO READ BOOKS!
What does this mean for you? It means you’ll still be able to lose yourself in a book…you’ll quickly forget that you’re holding a rather sensitive electronic device and immerse yourself in the story…so immersed that you won’t even notice the page turns…
You see, that’s the whole point behind an eInk eReader – the pages look more like the pages in a real book. And, because of that look, you can literally read your Amazon Kindle DX anywhere!
Obviously, you could get the same experience with the basic Amazon Kindle, however, there are also compelling reasons why some individuals prefer the Amazon Kindle DX over it’s smaller sized relative:
- The giant 9.7″ diagonal, pearl technology eInk display – your books, newspapers and periodicals are show in a crystal clear, crisp format unlike any other eReader available. The added size is perfect for reading in “large print” by adjusting the font size on your Kindle DX (put away those reading glasses).
- No glare, even in bright sunlight – here’s were all the Amazon Kindles really outdo all those eReaders with the backlit display! Ever try to look at your laptop outside? That’s what happens when you use one of those color eReaders or tablet computers outside…even in the shade, you can’t make out a lot of what’s on your screen. Not so with the Kindle DX. Honestly, the Kindle DX has LESS glare than your favorite hardback book when you’re reading in bright light. (No more eyestrain!)
- At 10.4″ x 7.2″ x 0.38″, the Kindle DX is about the size of your favorite magazine, and at 18.9 ounces, it doesn’t weigh much more, either.
- FREE 3G global wireless – Unlike other eReaders, your Kindle DX can connect anytime, anywhere, and it costs you literally nothing. It is totally free with your Kindle DX. And, downloading your books is fast and easy. Just one click and you’re reading in under 60 seconds.
- Portability – What you’re reading on your Kindle DX can be read on all of the devices that you own where the Amazon Kindle software can be installed…your computer, your phone, your laptop, your tablet computer, etc.
- Long Battery Life - With Kindle DX, you can read for up to 1 week on a single charge with the wireless on. Turn the wireless off and you can read for two to three weeks.
- The Built-In PDF reader enables you to carry and read all of your personal and professional documents wherever you happen to be. And, with the Zoom capability, you can easily view small print and detailed tables or graphics. (The Kindle DX represents a HUGE improvement over the regular sized Kindle for reading PDF’s.)
- Kindle DX comes with an auto-rotating screen so your display automatically rotates from portrait to landscape as you turn your Kindle DX. Use it to view full-width maps, graphs, tables, and web pages with ease and comfort.
- Books – With Amazon Kindle, there are unlimited opportunities for reading! Amazon has over 950,000 titles in it’s Kindle store, plus you can download thousands of titles for free. But, perhaps the best feature, Amazon lets you download the first chapter of most books for free…that way you can actually read part of the book to see if it’s something you want to buy…it’s almost like going to your favorite bookstore and thumbing through the first chapter of books to see which one you want to buy!
Want to know what people are saying about the device?
Obviously, the best place to purchase the Amazon Kindle DX is through Amazon.com. With Amazon.com, you will be assured of getting the most current version of the Kindle DX software AND the award winning customer service that Amazon is known for on a worldwide basis!