As quickly as it was here, the Kindle Touch has been replaced by the Kindle Paperwhite! What’s the big difference? The screen! You won’t believe how easy reading is on the Kindle Paperwhite. Check out the Kindle Paperwhite here!
Amazon has once again trumped every other eReader on the market with the introduction of the Kindle Touch! Undoubtedly Kindle was already one of the best eReaders available, but with the introduction of this slick, little touchscreen eReader, Amazon has pulled far ahead of the competition, both in features and price…and you won’t believe what you get for so little money!
[easyazon-image-link asin="B005890G8Y" alt="Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers" src="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/417j8GAjnyL.jpg" align="left" width="400" height="400"]Measuring only 6.8″ x 4.7″ x 0.40″, the Kindle is 11% smaller than the previous models, and at 7.5 ounces, it weighs 8% less. But that’s not even the best part…the newest version of Kindle, the Kindle Touch, features an easy-to-use touch interface that you’ll absolutely love. Now, you can turn pages, search, shop for new books and take notes quickly and easily, all without having to navigate using the old style keyboard that was used in previous models of the Amazon Kindle.
In addition to all of the previous features that we loved about Kindle, Amazon has also added some fantastic new features in the Kindle Touch. Here’s a brief rundown of ALL the features:
- Kindle Touch Features the Most Advanced E-Ink Multo-Touch Display – Kindle Touch‘s 6″ diagonal display has been optimized with proprietary waveform and font technology, 600 x 800 pixel resolution at 167 ppi, 16-level grayscale.
- Kindle’s high contrast, most advanced E Ink touchscreen display actually reads better than real paper books in certain lighting, with no glare, no eyestrain, and no blurring. You can read as easily in bright sunlight as you can in your own living room.
- Kindle Touch introduces a completely new, easy-to-use touch interface that enables you to turn pages, search, shop for new books and take notes quickly and easily. And with the new easy reach features, it’s also just a simple tap to turn the pages. This is a vast improvement over the models that feature the little round keyboard buttons lining the bottom of the eReader, and the buttons on the side that were previously used to turn the page.
- Kindle Touch as an improved two month battery life - You can now read for up to two months on a single charge with wireless turned off and averaging a half hour of reading per day. (Kindle 3 already featured a one month battery life…the longest in the industry!)
- Kindle Touch holds 3,000 eBooks – enough to enable you to carry your personal library with you wherever you go. Choose from over 1 million books, newspapers, and magazines, including latest bestsellers, Kindle exclusives, Audible audiobooks and more. And, in the Kindle store, most new releases are just $9.99, with thousands of books that are far less, or choose from millions of out of copyright books that are absolutely FREE. Amazon even lets you down load the first chapter for free, so you can try out a new author without spending the money up front!
- Kindle Touch also offers a new X-Ray feature that allows you to explore the “bones of a book”. With a single tap, you can see all the passages in a book that mention certain ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places or topics of interest, as well as more detailed descriptions from Wikipedia and Shelfari.
- The built in Wi-Fi enables you to connect at thousands of Wi-Fi hotspots, as well as on your home netowork…browse the internet with the experimental browser, or shop in the Kindle eBook store, download a book and start reading in less than a minute.
- Borrow books from your local library and read for free…that’s right, Kindle Touch adds the functionality for you to borrow an eBook from your local public library, read it and return it, all without ever actually having to go to the library!
- Kindle Touch also enables you to take your documents with you wherever you go. Simply email your personal documents and PDFs right to your Kindle Touch and you can read them, make notes, and take them with you.
- Kindle Touch features eight different text sizes and three font styles so you can read comfortably…no more reading glasses! And, when you tire of reading, or want to listen while you do other things, your Kindle Touch can even read English-language content out loud to you.
- Kindle ebooks can be read on your Kindle Touch, iPhone, iPad, Android devices, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, Mac, PC, or web browser with our free Kindle Reading Apps. Kindle’s exclusive Whispersync technology synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks and annotations across all of your devices so you can always pick up right where you left off.
- Free Amazon Cloud Backup – Never worry about memory again. With Amazon’s free Cloud backup, Amazon automatically backs up your library, so you never need to worry about losing your books even if you upgrade to a newer model, or switch to a tablet computer. You can simply download the book wirelessly again and again without ever having to pay for the same book twice.
- Choose from Kindle Touch with Special Offers or Kindle Touch without Special Offers – last year, in order to deliver a quality eReader at an affordable price, Amazon introduced Kindle with Special Offers, or tastefully done, non-intrusive advertising placed on the screen saver and along the bottom of the menu screen on Kindle. This resulted in a significantly lower price on the Kindle with Special Offers versus the Kindle without Special Offers…making eReaders much more affordable for all income levels. You have the choice when you order a Kindle…order it with the special offers and save money, or order your Kindle Touch without Special Offers and pay a little more, but never see an advertisement. With Kindle Touch, you can have your eReader your way!
Of course, your Kindle Touch comes with everything you need, and it’s simple and easy to use right out of the box! And with Amazon’s no hassle money back guarantee, one year warranty, and optional extended warranty, you don’t ever have to worry about being unhappy with your Kindle Touch!Back to top